Our Taste

Brit and I consider ourselves to be food enthusiasts. We enjoy savory food and want to keep track of the great places that we go. We are brave and try all different sorts of places. Anywhere from fancy dining all the way to hole in the wall gold mines, we agree that food is fun. Even though the scale does not agree with our food hobby, we are all about it. To remind our taste buds what we do and dont like we are starting this blog.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lets just skip the bun

You know what, I am going to get fries with my Philly Cheesesteak anyway so I decided to skip the carbs on the bun and just get the Philly Fries, and guess what, OMG, that might be the second best decision I ever made. SO good, They use the cheez whiz on these and I will tell you why. The second try at these I had them use some white american cheese like I prefer on the sandwich and it just was not as good. It ended up a little to dry and did not spread nearly as well as the whiz. The whiz is a runny consistency from the start and on top of hot fries it melts around and gooes up the fries perfectly, with other real cheeses this gooeyness does not happen. And then there is the steak and onions on top which are just right and they serve cherry peppers on top with it. I do not get those on my sandy but on the fries they are great, adds some good heat, not too much and you can easily scoop a few off when you tire of them. Anyway they are terribly delicious.

PS They are getting to know me at Geno's and know my order on sight. Could be worse, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment