Our Taste

Brit and I consider ourselves to be food enthusiasts. We enjoy savory food and want to keep track of the great places that we go. We are brave and try all different sorts of places. Anywhere from fancy dining all the way to hole in the wall gold mines, we agree that food is fun. Even though the scale does not agree with our food hobby, we are all about it. To remind our taste buds what we do and dont like we are starting this blog.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Geno's



Finally a pic of the Cheesesteak. Doesn't that look so good? Well, it was. Catch up posts are hard because I ate that so long ago and now looking at it (before lunch) I want it again. Those who are not familiar with CheeseSteaks they are most famously from Philadelphia so most store have all kinds of Philly memorabilia, usually sports themed, Phillies, Flyers, Eagles, 76ers, Rocky and the like. I have yet ot see one with the Declaration of Independence or a bunch of US history stuff but that's what I would do. Anyway, you take a foot long sandwich bun and stuff it with thinly sliced and gridle cooked steak and melty cheese (some say white American {me}, some say Cheez whiz, and some even say Provolone). The picture above is the white american cheese. Also the finer points, softened onions, muschrooms and some like peppers on top. Geno's has six different peppers to choose form, usually I skip the peppers. These sandwiches have such complex and delicious flavor I can not get enough. Now Geno's specifically is good but I would like a little tougher bun, theirs is quite soft. I can agree some might like that but I need a little tougher bun. In my post HCG enlightenment I just get the half sandwich, you know less calories and all. Geno's Cheeseteak is delicious but it's not the best around. What gets me back thereis the fries they have. I have already written about the Bacon Ranch Fries (super tasty) and had the garlic fries (seen above). These fries are a Large portion smothered in a garlic, parmesian, herby oil mixture. The flavor is Italiany super good. I do not know how but they do not get soggy, they stay kind of crisp and they are so delicious. Go to Geno's for the Fries and definitely get a Cheesesteak.

No comments:

Post a Comment