Our Taste

Brit and I consider ourselves to be food enthusiasts. We enjoy savory food and want to keep track of the great places that we go. We are brave and try all different sorts of places. Anywhere from fancy dining all the way to hole in the wall gold mines, we agree that food is fun. Even though the scale does not agree with our food hobby, we are all about it. To remind our taste buds what we do and dont like we are starting this blog.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joe's Farm Grill


I could write about Joe's all day long. The food is sooo delicious. There are many things about JFG that make it a favorite and all those things added up make it the Favorite.

1. The cool 60s sapce theme bathroom with action figure dispaly windows, sounds wierd written out to but you have to see them. I know, do you really want 60s space action figures watching you Pee? Well these are pretty cool.

2. Hand washing stations outside of the Bathrooms. I get messy sometimes.

3. Drink Fountain station. This makes it so easy.

4. Condiment Station next to Drink station. I like to mix and make my own Condiment.

5. The recycled house turned into the Restaurant where Joe actually lived as a kid.

6. The Outside eating area. Big grassy area with lost of benches and tables.

7. The Farm next door where the produce comes form.

8. Being on Guy Fieri's Diners, Dives and Drive thrus. The episode is always playing in the ordering area.

9. See into kitchen to watch them make the food. I Love to see it happen.

10. Sister restaurant to Joe's BBQ in Gilbert.

11. Free food on your Birthday.

12. Free food on Customer appreciation day. Why don't other places do this? so awesome.

13. Not a huge nationwide company.

14. Food in little baskets and tin foil

15. THE FOOD...here we go


Today for Lunch I had their Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and a side of Sweet Potato Fries. These are very pleasant. There is a hint of sweetness unlike regualr fries. But they are not too sweet, they still need some salt on them and of course if you like ketchup on fries normally you will still like it on these. JFG give out some sort of Pineapple salsa with these which is very sweet and I would have tired of this if I was not alternating with my mixed ketchup, which had a hit or two of McIlheneys Tabasco in it. The Sweet Potato and spicy ketchup is a great mix of hot and subtle sweet.




The Buffalo Chicken sandwich is terrific. It has buffalo hot sauce on a breast butterflied and grilled, no breading here. The Bun has some Blue Cheese spread and chopped celery, normal parings for a Buffalo Wing. JFG always puts the lettuce, onions, tomato on the side and I like them so I add them too. Buffalo Wings in general are something I love, hot and spicy, although I can not eat as hot as I used to. Hot and Spicy mixed with that bitter pungent blue cheese flavor usually in a dressing mixed with a sour cream (or creamy whatever it is) give a good balance to the heat and cools it down. So Yummy.

So, if you are in Gilbert AZ make sure you stop by Joe's Farm Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment